Rantings from the edge...


Tales from the crappy side of things...can you curse while shittin'? believe me, it's worth the trouble...
 

Friday, April 14, 2006

Parlez vous francais anyone? what was i thinkin'?!

As usual, my day is an absolute bore. Playing PS2 doesnt ease the boredom either...GASP! PS2?! me?! wont help? I must be outta my mind right now...tsk tsk tsk! So, I rummage through the magazine pile and saw this restaurant guide...hehehe! yeah yeah..I like food...I mean everybody does teehee. The guide consist a list of restuarants according to cuisine categories like French, Italian, Continental, European, Greek and all of the riff thingies you can think of. The prices are really outrageous...not that I'm complaining and all but the REALLYYYY! it is pricey. A dinner for two would cost 2,000 smackaroos without wine? what?! I might as well have dinner at our nearest carenderia then...hehe! The restuarants have food specialities or trademark. Rifling through the pages, I encountered this french term call "foie gras". I was like okay...what the heck is a foie gras...so I drag my ass to the computer and search for it and what-do-you-know...the result frightened me to bits...okay here it goes....
foie gras (fwa gra) [Fr.,=fat liver], livers of artificially fattened geese. Ducks and chickens are also sometimes used in the making of foie gras. The birds, kept in close coops to prevent exercise, are systematically fed to the limit of their capacity. Under this treatment the livers are brought to weigh 2 or 3 lb (1.0-1.5 kg) or more. Foie gras was prized by epicures in Egypt, Greece, and Rome, but the fattening of geese for their livers became a lost art during the Middle Ages except in Strasbourg. The industry was revived in the 18th cent. following the creation of pate de foie gras by Jean Joseph Close (or Clause), a chef brought to Alsace by a French governor of the province. The pate is made by cooking fresh livers, reducing them to a paste delicately seasoned with wine and aromatics and combining it with truffles and finely chopped veal. The making of foie gras has become a famous industry of Strasbourg and of Toulouse, France. The product is exported to all parts of the world in several forms—the esteemed pate; foie gras au naturel, the plain cooked livers; a sausage; and a puree.


Ugggh! fatty livers of artificialy fattened geese??!!! geeezzz! Eating with style aint that nifty at all. Caviar aint that nifty too...yyyeecchhkk. I would rather eat Calamari...hehe!
*me laughs at Kellie Pickler for her ignorance in Calamari..HIHIHI!

Posted by Nefarious One :: 12:44 AM :: 1 Comments:

Say your shit here…

---------------oOo---------------

© Rantings from the edge... 2006 - Nefarious One nuff said ;p .